Hospitality is a people industry, and this course will teach delegates how to manage the important human resources who provide services within a hospitality operation. They'll learn how to fulfill the requirements of UAE employment and workplace laws, and discover the latest strategies for attracting employees, minimizing turnover, and maximizing productivity. The course reflects changing economic conditions and industry trends.
The course follows the AH&LEI Managing Hospitality Human Resources and covers the following elements of Human Resources Management for Hospitality:
- Employment Laws and Applications
- Job Analysis and Job Design
- Planning and Recruiting
- Orientation, Socialization and Culture
- Training and Development
- Evaluating Employee Performance
- Compensation Administration
- Incentive and Benefits Administration
- Turnover, Discipline, and Exits
Benefits of Attending
By the end of the course, the learners will be able to:
- Compare and contrast UAE Labour Law with US Labour Law
- Formulate a recruitment and retention policy based on the strategic intent of a company
- Employ selection methods and design and conduct a competency based interview
- Discuss the importance of orientation, socialization and culture within hospitality organizations
- Analyse training policies based on organisation needs and evaluate approaches to training
- Conduct and evaluate performance appraisal interviews
- Discuss different types of compensation and identify different pay structure options
- Categorize incentive and benefits and discuss various incentives organizations offer their workforce
- Discuss actions taken by companies to ensure WLB for their workforce
- Describe the issue of labour turnover within the hospitality industry and its impact
AED 5,250 per participant (AED 5,000 - course cost; AED 250 - VAT cost)
Course fee is inclusive of instruction materials, handouts, workbooks and AH&LEI Managing Hospitality Human Resources textbook
According to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ministry of Finance Value Added Tax (VAT) will be introduced across the UAE on 1 January 2018.
The VAT rate will be 5% and will be applied on all rates, fees and other charges covered by your agreement with us, starting from 1 January 2018.
For more details see https://www.mof.gov.ae/En/budget/Pages/VATQuestions.aspx
PowerPoint presentation, Flipchart, Role Plays, Group discussions and Practical Exercises.
The course runs from 1800 - 2100hrs every Sunday for 14 weeks
The programme does not require any pre-requisites.
A Certificate of Attendance/Acheivement will be issued upon completion of the programme.
Successful delegates also have the opportunitiy to have an American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Certificate - an internationally recognised and accredited certification by passing the optional AH&LEI exam at the end of the course.
NUMBER OF ATTENDEES
Minimum number of participants = 20